Friday, August 12, 2011

* Anusha revisits singing spree for Mankatha

The song Ballelaka from Mankatha is special for it has been sung by Anusha, wife of Dayanidhi Alagiri.

Anusha Dhayanidhi has crooned this peppy number, which has become the hot favourite of many a music lover.

'We both sang a song at our wedding reception. Director Venkat Prabhu appreciated my voice, saying that it was unique. That song surprised everybody and Venkat Prabhu initiated the idea of getting me to sing a song for Mankatha. That too, an important climax song in an Ajith film! I was nervous when I was approached.'

'I was not confident about getting into playback singing. But Venkat insisted that my voice would suit the song. That’s how I was able to croon for the Mankatha album. It was lovely working with Yuvan Shankar Raja. I entered a music director’s recording studio for the very first time. But I was comfortable and could finish the song with ease. Venkat and Yuvan supported me, she recalls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment