Friday, December 2, 2011

‘Why should I hide, I’m proud of myself’: Teen who had world’s youngest sex change op at 16 reveals she has a boyfriend

By LUCY BUCKLAND



New life: Jackie Green was one of the youngest people in the world to undergo a sex change two years ago, she is no happier than ever



Facing life as a man was so unbearable for Jackie Green she tried to commit suicide four times and even attempted to slice off her own genitals.

But now Jackie, who became one of the youngest people in the world to have a sex change at the age of 16, is embracing her new life as a woman and has revealed she has a boyfriend.

The teenager, now 18, was born Jack, but since she was a toddler she acted like a female, wearing girls' clothes and playing with girls' toys.



Prayers answered: Jackie Green, pictured just before surgery, had her operation on her 16th birthday in Thailand



After Jackie made four attempts at suicide and, her parents decided to pay for her to have £28,000 pounds of treatment and complete gender reassignment surgery.

She is now leading a normal life and has had a boyfriend for the last two years, who she doesn't want to name.

She said: 'He asked me about scarring, because he could see I had some scarring. I started crying.

'I just told him and the moment I did I got up and jumped across the room because I thought he might hit me or something.

'But he didn't, he said 'look, it's pretty crazy and out there and I never thought I'd be in this situation. But I'm in love with you so why should it matter?'



A life not worth living: Jackie Green as Jack with mother Susie, from an early age Jackie knew she was a girl



By her mid-teens her father agreed and helped to fund the treatment, while her mum mortgaged her house to help pay for the operation.

The seven-hour operation eventually took place in Thailand where under 18s can have the surgery. Wheeling her into the operating theatre on her 16th birthday the nurses sang 'Happy Birthday' to her. 'And it was my birthday,' says Jackie. 'I felt like I was being born all over again.'



source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment