Saturday, July 30, 2011

* Trisha says: Yes, I'am Choosy

South Indian Diva, Angel Trisha Krishnan's next outing after last year's musical hit Vinnaithandi Varuvaya turns out to be Mankatha with Thala Ajith under Venkat Prabhu's direction.

Sweet Trisha has delivered a hit in Telugu Teenmaar with Pawan Kalyan (Love Aaj Kal Remake), but in Tamil this will be her first release for the year. But Trisha readily accepts that Mankatha is a boys film, and her role in the movie is short and sweet.

Trisha it seem splays an innocent girl, who plays an important role in terms of Ajith's character in the film. Ajith and Trisha combination comes out for the third time after Ji, Kreedam and their equation is good. Trisha admits that she did this movie just to be part of a Venkat Prabhu film.

Trisha was quoted saying, “This is my third film with Ajith; his combination with Venkat in Mankatha is great. Mankatha’s a boys’ film completely, but I have got a small but sweet role. I just wanted to work with Venkat because of the way he makes films. I hope people accept it because it’s made very stylishly.

About her role Trisha adds, “It’s a nice, innocent role. It’s a bit of a love track between me and Ajith. I can’t say too much but I play an important role where Ajith is concerned.”

About not having signed on any Bollywood movie after her debut film Khatta Meetha, Trisha says, “No, I haven’t. I did get a couple of offers but they were pretty random, nothing that really interested me. And I don’t want to unless it’s something that’s really great. As far as I am concerned, Bollywood is a very big step. I think it works better if one shifts base to Bollywood. I never wanted to leave my base, which is Chennai. So it was a bit difficult battling between the two industries, you need to be there to make it work. If you are rocking here you might as well capitalize on that. Unless the offer is so great and you want to be part of that film.”


Trisha who has been in the industry for nearly 9 years and having been compared to every other new entry and pitted against her as her competitor Trisha still having a place of her own in the south film industry. Though constantly Trisha emerges out yet she has become choosy.


Cool Trisha about being choosy with her scripts these days says, “Yes. Also, working 30 days of the month is something I am not really looking forward to doing now. It’s a conscious decision for the last year. I don’t want to do what I was doing before. I want to finish one project at a time.”

She adds, “If I did sign random films, I would be getting criticism for that too. For an actress, the industry life is very short lived. At one point, I think I need to take a stand and stop doing certain kind of films and be choosy. I don’t want to make mistakes.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment