Sunday, January 1, 2012

'I feel like a new woman': Mother-of-four sets up slimming group after losing more than EIGHT STONE in just 11 months

By SIMON TOMLINSON

Then and now: Catherine Powell pictured (left) in December 2010 when she weighed nearly 20st and today (right) proudly showing off her new figure after dropping more than eight stone and eight dress sizes

If you're in need of a little New Year's inspiration to help you shed those much-maligned pounds, look no further than Catherine Powell.
The mother-of-four is about to start her own slimming group after losing eight stone and as many dress sizes since this time last year.
Mrs Powell, from Alsager, Cheshire, was a size 28 and weighed in at 19st and seven-and-a-half pounds last January.

But now the 34-year-old is a healthy size 12 after shedding eight stone four and a half pounds in 11 months.
She said: 'When I look back at pictures now, I think it's quite scary, how did I let myself get like that? It was not great for my children, I was always tired.
'It got to the point where my health was really starting to suffer. If I left it any longer, it was just going to get worse.
'Last January, I was always tired, carrying around an extra eight stone. I would be always conscious of my size, but quickly make a joke at my own expense.'

Inspiration: Mrs Powell holds a pair of her old jeans as she prepares to start a new Slimming World group to encourage other women to tackle their weight problems

Mrs Powell is now urging other women with weight problems to make a New Year resolution in the hope they can turn their lives around without surgery, crash diets or becoming, in her words, a 'gym bunny'.
She joined a Slimming World class on January 18 last year and began her prolific weight loss.
'It's very life-changing and has been fantastic. It really teaches life-style changes,' said Mrs Powell, who lives with her husband Rob and their four children - Matthew, 19, Jacob, 13, Tiffany, 10, and seven-year-old Caitlin.
'It's very much eat well, everything in moderation, exercise more.
'Everyone with a weight problem will know they want to lose weight, but doing it is another matter.
'If you had a bad week, you feel like walking out the door - stay and get the support of the people there, everybody is in the same boat.'

source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment