Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Movie Review: Borat:Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Troy's Bucket

So, I have been very MIA having only made a whopping one post on this blog.

And I hate to say that this post is not going to be anything special either. While I have been following the bloggings of my fellow compatriots I myself have been busy with work, and just being lazy about wanting to write anything of any real substance.

But tonight I saw a pre-screening of Sascha Baron Cohen's new movie, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. Based off the character made infamous on Cohen's show Da Ali G Show.

The film is a documentary funded by the ministy of Khazakstahn. They send Borat to New York to learn about American culture so that they as a country can benefit and make improvements themselves. Along the way poor misguided Borat, his producer, and pet chicken end up on a cross country journey to try and make it to California. Because there lies a woman with whom Borat has fallen madly in love.

What can I say? I am not going to divulge anymore of this movie in fear of giving away fun. I will say that what you see in trailers, while being REALLY funny, is not the funniest parts of this movie. There is more, OH much more to be seen. I can honestly say I have not laughed so hard at a movie in a long long time. What Baron Cohen does in the name of comedy is not only above and beyond the call of duty, but also manages to cross just about every line possible. And it does so with a huge gaping smile.

So, this movie gets five buckets from me.

Also, I am still dying to see The Prestige...so none of you post anything about it yet. I'm hoping to catch it tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment