Wednesday, June 14, 2006

SPORTS: Yankee fans Boo A-Rod Merited or Not Merited…

It amazes me that Yankee fans can’t give Rodriguez a brake. I attended last night’s game and although A-Rod was 0 for 4. Fans were brutal with Boos after each AB and chants of trading A-Rod on the street after the game. So it seems A-Rod might be in a bit of a slump, but every great player goes through one or two during a season. Unfortunately it comes during a time when the Yanks are fighting to stay afloat at the top of the division with injuries to their roster with Matsui, Sheffield, and Giambi (not at 100%). Now I know most Yankee fans feel that A-Rod should earn his keep with what the Yanks pay for his salary, and he should put up numbers rather than 3 strikeouts in a close scoring game like last night. But A-Rod has still produced 13Hrs, 45RBI, and is only 2nd to Giambi on the Yanks, but for the fans to put the weight solely on Rodriguez’s shoulders is unfair in my opinion. Baseball is a team sport and the rest of the Yanks need to be held accountable as well.

I welcome feedback whether good or bad on my sport’s opinions and comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment